How much walking will we do?
- About 2 miles at the first location on a level paved walkway or a boardwalk. There will be plenty of places to sit and rest.
- 1 mile at the second location on an unpaved dirt trail and about .5 miles on a paved trail. There will be several rest spots
- 2 miles at the third location which will have a combination of a paved trail, stairs, and an unpaved dirt trail with some moderate terrain.
Are there any bathrooms?
There are none at the first location. There are public restrooms at the boat launch on Azalea Dr., but you would have to drive there. (about 1 mile)
There are bathrooms and locations two and three.
Can I leave after lunch?
That is entirely up to you, and I won’t feel offended.
How many people are in my group:
I accept a maximum of 8 people in each group.
If I am a beginner, can you help me with my settings?
Yes, of course. Here are the settings if you would like to set them up in advance for sunrise.
- Aperture priority f/8
- Auto ISO
- Mount to your tripod (please learn how to set up the tripod in advance and have the tripod clip on your camera)
- Please bring your camera manual.
Why do you start so early in the day?
The light is best early in the day, especially right after sunrise. Also, there will be more bird sightings earlier in the day when they feed. The sunrises are magical, and getting up early, beating the traffic, and photographing in the best light of the day is worth it.
Why do you only run the workshops on weekdays?
The parks are too busy with walkers, joggers, and other photographers on weekends. Finding a parking place is also tough to find on the weekend.