Brush up on your photography skills, meet new friends and enjoy the outdoors this summer with our Summer Series Photography Workshops. Each workshop is only $39 each or $100 FOR ALL THREE - PLUS A BONUS WORKSHOP. You will learn techniques to create amazing photographs of silhouettes at sunset, of waterfalls and landscapes, and of people including families, children and couples.
Each session will begin with a short lecture/discussion of the best camera settings to use for each scenario. I will review the three main shooting modes; aperture priority, shutter priority and manual mode. I will also review focus modes and how to use your camera's AF points for accurate focus. You will be able to photograph through sunset and into the blue hour. You will receive guidance and support from me the entire time. The courses are completely hands-on so you can learn how to master the techniques and become a better photographer. And did I say, have fun with other like-minded photographers.
I am Offering My Most Popular Workshops for the Summer Series:
- The Sunset Silhouette Series will take place at the Duluth Town Green. With just a few simple camera settings and timing, you will learn how to create dramatic images with colorful and vibrant backgrounds. Models and props will be provided.
- The Landscapes Series will take place at Freeman's Mill Park in Lawrenceville. The Alcovy Falls is a hidden gem in the eastern section of Gwinnett County. You will learn how to make a long exposure photograph and create images with depth and impact. You will also learn the best settings, lenses and filters to use to create stunning landscape photographs.
- The Portrait Series will take place at the Duluth Town Green. You will learn how to photograph people in natural light and how to change camera settings rapidly based on the changing light of the golden hour. You will also learn how to use fill flash to fill in the shadows and create a catch light in the eyes. There will be plenty of models to photograph in this beautiful setting.
- The Post Processing Workshop (Bonus Workshop) will be held at the Lightscapes Portrait Studio - 3883 Rogers Bridge Rd. Suite 201B -Duluth GA. Dates will be announced in late June. There will be many sessions that I will offer in late July and early August. In this workshop you will learn how to process your raw images from the workshops. You do not need Photoshop to complete this workshop.
All classes meet on location at the specified locations. Upon registration, you will receive the address for your GPS.
For each workshop you will need:
- DSLR or Mirrorless camera
- Camera manual
- lenses (bring all of them)
- Flash (pop up flash is ok)
- Tripod (please know how use it in advance)
- Neutral density and polarizing filter (landscape only)
- Bug spray, water, and protective covering for your camera, just in case it rains.
June 12, 25 or July 16
7:30 -9:30 PM
Duluth Town Green
June 13, 27, or July 17
Freeman's Mill Park
June 14, 28 or July 26
6:30 - 9:00 PM
Duluth Town Green
PRICE IS ONLY $100 FOR ALL THREE WORKSHOPS AND INCLUDES A FREE POST PROCESS WORKSHOP.
Refunds: There are no refunds for no-shows or cancellations up to 48 hours prior to the event. Cancellations will only be accepted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to exchange a course with another date, please email me.
The workshop will be cancelled if there is inclement weather or a 60% chance of rain or more. You will be notified by email at least 4 hours before the start time.