Five Summer Time Photography Projects
Here are five FUN summertime things you will want to do with your Digital SLR camera:
1. Photograph the fireworks. This can be tricky so you will want to make sure you have the right settings. The shot on the left was taken at ISO 400, f/8 at 5 second shutter speed so you want to make sure you have a tripod.
2. Photograph a waterfall. There are many areas in the North Atlanta area that have waterfalls, or you could make a day trip to a local area. My favorite local spot is Freeman's Mill Park. Again you will want to use a slow shutter speed and have a tripod.
3. Bring your camera to a carnival. Last year I went to two fairs and had a blast photographing the ferris wheels. The trick is again to use a slow shutter speed to show the motion of the ferris wheel. I used a shutter speed of 25 seconds for the photo on the right.
4. Try silhouette photography at the beach. This is simple. Just point your camera at the subject in aperture priority at f/5.6, set the ISO to auto, use a tripod, and the camera's built-in light meter will expose for the background, automatically silhouetting the subject.
5. Bring your camera with you wherever you go. A cellphone camera will not capture the same as a Digital SLR camera. You never know when you are going to see a unique building on a country road.
I hope you have enjoyed this blog post. Please comment and also subscribe to my blog.