- Create outstanding photos: Most of us love to share our pictures and see the response your family and friends have to them. Learning photography can help you create better photos you can be proud of.
- Become intimate with your equipment: Learning to use your camera well and becoming confident will result in a more enjoyable and creative photography experience.
- Photography can be therapeutic: Photography allows you to get away from everyday stress. While shooting, you will forget your worries and focus on creating great photos.
- Photography enables you to see the world a little differently: Once you understand the language of light and the elements of composition, photography can help you see the world in a new way.
- Photography is a great way to tell stories: A great photo tells a story, captivates the audience, and induces an emotional response.
- Learning photography can help improve brain function for seniors. A 2014 study of older adults found that learning a new and cognitively demanding skill, such as photography, enhanced memory function.
Here are just a few more reasons one should consider learning photography:
Photography has many benefits that can improve one’s life. Here are some of them:
- Photography is a form of self-care: Photography can help you relax and focus on something other than your daily routine¹.
- Photography improves well-being through community interaction: Photography can help you connect with others who share your interests¹.
- Photography helps to find beauty in our world: Photography can help you see the world differently and appreciate the beauty around us¹.
- Photography enhances memory and keeps your brain healthy: Photography can help improve memory function and keep your brain healthy¹².
- Photography gets you outdoors and makes you exercise: Photography can encourage you to get outside and explore new places while also getting some exercise¹.
- Photography makes you enjoy what you are doing more: Photography can make everyday activities more enjoyable by giving you a new perspective¹.